Monday 3 August 2015

Cyborg Hand



I thought this was one of the coolest projects I did for my art GCSE and was really fun to do. It's a hand with details modelled on the innards of a real human hand, but it turned out looking quite cyborg- esque!


Drawing from reference on human hands and their internal structure I thought it would be cool to replicate the veins, muscles and tendons with wires and string.


To make the main body of the hand I used a rubber glove as a mould and used it cast a plaster hand. My first attempt went horribly wrong and was full of air bubbles and fractures, so for my second (and final, having only two gloves) I poked holes in the ends of the fingers to allow the air to escape.


I had to cut the hand out of the glove so I didnt risk breaking the fragile plaster by peeling it. I then added the details, using tissue paper to represent the main muscles and wires for the veins.


No comments:

Post a Comment