Monday 2 September 2013

Inspiration

Its often hard to come up with ideas of what to draw. Sometimes looking at what other people are doing can help inspire you. Whilst on holiday I saw a street artist using spray paint to paint scenes that looked as though they had been done digitally. I never realised that you could achieve some of the effects he was using with spray paint. One effect he used was to apply a layer of paint and then spray over it in another colour. He then scraped away some of the second layer so the colour underneath showed through.
When I got home I didn't have many drawing ideas and then I remembered the street artist and decided to have a go at some of the things he was doing with spray paint, but with the airbrush on Corel Painter.

The street artist at work
This is what I did
I found that getting the same result as the street artist was getting is extremely hard, it must take a lot of practice and experience to master what he was doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment