Sunday 10 November 2013

The Joker


This is the sketch for this post's piece. I tried to keep it quite loose as often many things change during the process of painting.

As you can see I haven't included Harley Quinn in the final painting because I wasn't happy with the way she turned out. Instead I have put one of the Joker's famous lines from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight.To start with I looked on Google Images for some reference material. After making a sketch I blocked in the mid-tones. Then I started adding the highlights and shadows to give the character depth. I then used the 'felt marker' to add details such as the hair. One thing I found challenging was working out where shadows would fall. Also the folds in the clothing were difficult because it is hard to know where to put them. I found it helpful to have lots of images to look at whenever I got stuck with a detail like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment